Although it took seven hours of being at the hospital, Gary received his second and last radiation zap for this week. It took seven hours to see the various doctors, do blood tests, see nurses to change his PICC line dressing, and so on. The actual radiation treatment only lasted a few seconds!
Many thanks to JOYCE for meeting Gary at hospital this evening after the radiation. I had left earlier with Gary's blessings for my Thursday ballet class.
At home tonight, so far so great! No fever, no nosebleeds, slight shrinkage in nodes already apparent. Tomorrow, it's back to Columbia-Presbyterian for blood tests to check for any untoward symptoms.
On a technical note... You will notice a box in the upper right of the blog where you can now insert your e-mail address to be notified whenever we post a new blog entry.
So far, so great. Excellent! Long may it continue! I had to have an upper GI endoscopy yesterday (everything is fine) and was a little nervous but I thought about all the stuff Gary manages with grace and courage. I figured he was an excellent role model for dealing with hospital procedures. So I went in with a positive attitude and it was a piece of cake. Had a very nice sedated nap!
ReplyDeleteMay the upward trend continue: no nosebleeds, shrinking nodes, no fever, back on that park bench very soon.
Good news. Good to hear. So wonderful, as it always is, to read your blog. Looking forward to seeing you on the bench some time soon!
ReplyDeleteLove and hugs,
Joanie