Tonight begins the Jewish New Year, a time of renewal and return, of reflection on the year past, a chance to reset our course for the coming year. I find a hopeful message in these holidays: that there's always an opportunity to move beyond past mistakes and return to a path of kindness and meaning.
I wish you each a Happy and Healthy Year filled with sweetness!
P.S. Many thanks to friend and former colleague EDITH for accompanying me on a long day at Sloan Kettering yesterday. It turned out to be a fun visit - and I got to hear the report about her daughter REBECCA'S wedding!
P.P.S. As usual when I'm in the hospital, please don't call me on the room phone. Cell phone, text, and email are better for me.
Happy New Year, Gary! xoxo
ReplyDeleteHappy and Sweet New Year, Gary. I hope the year starts with node reduction, continues with successful transplant, and ends with a 15 mile walk.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you every day Gary. Keep us updated.
ReplyDeleteRonnie and Mary Lou (Arnprior)
Thank you for those lovely hope-filled wishes. A happy New Year to you as well! Glad to learn that your team is erring on the side of caution, even if it prevents you from being at home for the moment. Bon courage.
ReplyDeleteSending my warmest aloha and healing thoughts your way, Gary! I'm still in Toronto (patiently?) awaiting news on my work visa. Look forward to being able to travel again so I can swing by and keep you company on a park bench, liven up a hospital visit, or hopefully by then you'll be walking up a storm again! Since I can't sing for you in person right now, check your email when you need a smile, I'll be sending one of my more - gutsy - comedic performances from a recent show.
ReplyDeleteBig hugs and all my best for you both,
Drew
Hi Gary,
ReplyDeleteDonna shared this blog with me. It is so good to see how loved you are and know that you are surrounded by such a helpful and uplifting support network. I am wishing you a New Year full of health and new beginnings. You have one more person here in the city you can count on if you need anything.
Hoping you will be home soon. Sending you positive vibes and thoughts and healing of all kinds. And love.
ReplyDeleteJoanie
Take care Gary and Brian. Harini and I were thinking of you today and our short but fun visit.
ReplyDeleteGary, the New Year may be starting with a hospital visit (precautionary), but it may end in sweetness and triumph. That's my wish for you. So good to know that your doctors are diligently watching over you and making certain that you are protected, though I'm sure it isn't fun to be back in the hospital. You are well on that path to "kindness and meaning." The best is yet to be!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Andrea