Our friend, and now social-work student, SHARI, walked in last week's Light the Night Walk in Queens, which raises awareness of blood cancers and pays tribute to those affected. We love Shari's support and encouragement and were with you in spirit, Shari!
In the past, I have never decorated Gary's hospital rooms. The stays were always temporary, and at some emotional level I resisted the idea of making "home" out of a hospital room.
However, as we are now into Gary's 4th week in hospital, I realized my error and have posted up cards that people have sent Gary and me. Needless to say, they are really appreciated!!! Especially now.
This beautiful rainbow card contains a lovely message and the sweetest of thoughts from our eleven year-old niece, Rachel!
The direct message in this card is from Joanie, no surprise there!
I sent Gary this Bassett Hound postcard. Of course, that's me pulling on his ear for attention.
These two handmade cards, with photos from their Ontario farm, are from Natalie and Gordon, who visited us in August! They are raising various barnyard and indoor animals!
Above are two of their fowl.
This beautiful hand-painted card, with a deep message of friendship inside, was made by our biologist friend, ELLA, in Alberta. Although it was sent last December (!), we keep it on deck because the artwork is so captivating, and the message so moving, to us.
This last photo is totally goofy but too fun to resist! In August, our niece, Rachel, created these beautiful hand-decorated cupcakes!









I loved all of these pics! My friend Ronna would be well impressed by Ruthie's cupcakes. And kudos to Shari for her walk!
ReplyDelete