Monday, October 28, 2013

After the Garython

It's Monday morning and I'm still feeling the glow of the Garython. I knew it would be great ... but it was an even bigger boost for me than I expected. And not just the fun of watching some computer scientists (like me) struggling to use twitter for the first time.



I said to Brian on Saturday night that I haven't felt this happy in months. With all the hospital time and nonstop focus on medical things, my world has been narrowing lately. The Garython was a big blast of life for me.  It was so great for me to be out with so many friends in such beautiful weather, enjoying - first meeting up with the group at the Fireman's Monument, and then later at Washington Square Park (nicely chauffeured by the Konuru family).  And to hear from good friends and family in Boston, Ohio, South Africa, California, Victoria, and other points near and far.  And so great to see friends whom I haven't been in touch with in way too long.  We'll be in touch, don't worry!

From what I understand this rolling party was enjoyable all around.  So many people said to me "your friend ... is really interesting, or I really enjoyed talking with so and so".   I hope those connections continue.

Thanks again to each of you for this gift right now, something I'll carry with me.  It couldn't have come at a more perfect time.  And thanks especially to John, Edith, Meryl, Shelly, and everyone else who made this happen.

Btw, the day out inspired us on Sunday to venture down to SoHo with friends Meryl and Jim for a little furniture shopping,

And check out these nice photos from the Garython that Brian has posted.

- Gary




6 comments:

  1. Hi Gary,
    What a great event Garython seems to have been. I wish I could have attended. I enjoyed the pics and Brian's commentary, Thinking of you,
    Ira

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to hear from you, cousin! It was quite a day.
    Looking forward to talking soon.
    - Gary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy you had such a great day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true about Twitter! Still can't figure it out.
    --Henry

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing day. These photos are so great! I wish I could have stayed through to Washington Square Park but I was soooo happy to start at Carrot Top and finish at Bryant Park. I made it to the circus on time, took the advice of someone (Mark?) and popped several Advil first. Gary, seeing you was golden. Meeting your friends, a magnetic cast of characters, was awesome. I get why they are so cool... the common denominator of course! Brian, I must say you looked very pleased blowing that whistle, like you were going to lead a parade. Your endearing smile made the day even more precious. Sean sends his love and wishes he was there. When is Garython2?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That group photo at the Fireman's Monument is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, which we LOVE to read!